Glenwood School is moving, please help us get ready!
We are delighted that we are having a new purpose built new school on land adjacent to our current school. This school will open in September 2017. The new school will enable us to grow in numbers from our current maximum of 140 up to 210. It will also have all the specialist spaces that our young people need.
We want to equip as many of the new specialist spaces as possible, so they are ready to use from the day we open.
The spaces we need additional funds for specialist equipment include;-
* Soft play areas for younger children
* Sensory rooms for small groups where we can learn how to use different switches to make things happen and foster communication and interaction skills
* Light rooms where a member of staff can work with an individual young person on developing their use of vision
* An indoor trampoline room
* An immersive room where we can simulate a range of real life scenarios, e.g. a hairdressers, dentist surgery, airport, rainforest, under the sea etc.
* Outside play and learning spaces that include some fully accessible equipment e.g. roundabout and swing
* Two internal rooms to provide additional help for our young people who have sensory processing difficulties
Any help and support you are able to offer will be gratefully received. We are very happy to invite representatives to meet our learners at school.