Lower school is made up of classes attended by learners aged between Nursery and Key Stage 2.
Classes 1 and 2 are both intake classes and learners often join us as an assessment place.
Lower school uses a topic approach and the curriculum encourages social and individual development through:
- Attending assemblies within lower school.
- Praising achievements with certificates linked to our core school values.
- Teaching of core school values (courage, wisdom and responsibility).
- Learning how to keep healthy through choices in food and activities.
- Socialising with the older learners of the school through enrichment days where they partake in a full school activity.
- Developing their confidence as an individual and a member of the class.
- Taking responsibility for themselves and their actions.
- Learning skills of communication, literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology.
- Accessing the community through school trips and outings on the bus.
- Showing parents and carers what they can do during 'Bring Your Family to School' week.