Glenwood Middle School encompasses Key Stage 3 and 4.
The curriculum is planned around half-termly key themes, through which key skills are also taught. This is accomplished by:
- Attending weekly assemblies with the rest of their peers in middle school focusing on our core values of courage, hope, justice, respect, responsibility and wisdom.
- Swimming, both in the school pool and accessing public swimming baths as part of their increasing interaction with the local community.
- Meeting physio targets either in the hall as part of a class or through physiotherapy directed by members of staff.
- Socialising with the other learners of the school through enrichment days where they partake in a full school activity.
- Developing their confidence as an individual and a member of the class using both academic and social activites.
- Taking responsibility for themselves and their actions.
- Learning skills of communication, literacy, numeracy and information and communication technology.
- Accessing the community through school trips and outings on the bus.
- Developing personal, social and health skills such as learning about relationships and how to keep clean and healthy.